THE BEST GODDAMN APPLE CRUMBLEPosted: August 14, 2012
I have an extreme sweet tooth. I can never say no to anything too delicious. I love doughnuts, pies, cake, and crumble. Especially crumble.
Last September my roommates and I hosted a potluck for all of our friends. Being the baker of the house, I made dessert. It was then I discovered this recipe. I now make apple crumble frequently on the fly. It only takes about ten minutes to prepare and forty-five minutes to cook. When I’ve had a bad day or my lover has had a bad day it is the solution to all our worries. So, give it a try and thank me while you’re in Heaven.
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
- Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.